Friday, October 30, 2015

The Next Flood

The area around me has received about a foot of rain this past week and the creeks on my property have become rivers again after a dry hot summer. This also happened last May of this year when the same kind of rainfall happened. The nearby city of Austin, is in a flood emergency with people being rescued from flooded homes. This is an el nino year so I suppose I should expect this, and fortuately for me I am high enough off ground.


This is on my property where a dry creek has now become a river.

This is a couple of the major roads in Austin

1 comment:

  1. I have heard some reports of the flooding there. Insane. That kind of water is not what I associate with your area. I guess though it is a semi annual thing. Quite literally feast or famine when it comes to water.

    ReplyDelete