Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My New Floor

I went looking for old lumber and plywood on the property today and from what I was able to find put this oddball floor together in this storage shed. It sits on cinder blocks which I was surprised to find laying around. Some of the wood was just laying outside and some was in another shed, but it is strong enough to walk on...so much for my carpentry skills using whatever I could find on the land. Now if I could just sell this lawnmower I have and that other thing in there is an old doggy door... Next the roof...

2 comments:

  1. Ooo. Which shed is this? You certainly found an interesting place with a number of odd buildings. Tell me more. And smart btw. Using the resources you have & can salvage instead of buying new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brick building 9 ft by 9 ft that apparently was never finished by past owner, there was just a dirt floor so I put the wood floor in it using what I could find on the property. It is also missing a window and roof. I just fixed the window problem earlier and will tackle the roof problem later today. It looks like it would make a great storage place and is big enough to walk in...

    ReplyDelete