Monday, March 21, 2016

Maybe Gold?

I have been exploring the property when I take walks and I have looked at rock fossils and other things. I have been finding some quartz in an out crop of rock and noticed what appeared to be gold flakes on the dirt on the quartz. So I cleaned the quartz and panned the dirt and stones and yes I did find iron pyrate or fools gold, but with that I found small flakes of what I think is real gold. It has not been much and it really has just been fun to do. I have read that there have been small amounts of gold found by other people in the hill country that I live, but nothing that would be thought of as a real gold strike or worth much, but it has been fun..


1 comment:

  1. Fun is totally what counts. You have an amazing piece of property.

    ReplyDelete