Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Fox and the Hen House

I got up this morning and found One of my hens dead and another one missing. I went to have a look and it all was the work of a fox. I had one dead hen (Wanda) out in the pen and the other (Bossy) was taken by the fox. She looked like she put up a fight, I found feathers at different places in the pen where she had run. Now the hen house is inside the pen (which has a high fence around it) and is four feet above the ground and the fox got into the hen house by getting under the door made of wire. I have now reinforced the hen house door and put ammonia on the outside of the fence. I will see what happens..


Bossy and Wanda are on the left.. I will miss them, they are all pets to me despite the great eggs..

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to read this. I know that you love and take great care of your "ladies". I hope you find a means of chasing away that damn fox.

    ReplyDelete