Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Snake Encounter

I was doing some routine stuff on my property this afternoon and decided to check the chicken house for eggs. As I went into the back door I saw this snake eating one of the eggs, he was preoccupied enough where he did not notice me. I went and got my hand hatchet and I hit him hard in his midsection. That got his attention and he turned to me. With my left hand I took a stick and cornered his head. and then I drove that hatchet further and cut him in half. I then dragged him out and then drove my hatchet behind his head. This snake is known as a Texas Rat Snake or also as a Texas Chicken Snake and are not venomous but do have a mean bite. We have had a lot of rain here lately so no surprise seeing this guy. Great fun out here in the woods.


This snake is one of the common snakes in my area 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! That egg thief was huge. Hopefully he was the only one hanging out near your ladies.

    ReplyDelete