Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Perseid Meteor Shower

Have some cloudiness in the sky tonight, so thanks to Nasa for a live webcam of the shower tonight, will be watching at the below link, hope I get lucky and see some interesting showers and the colors that make them so distinct from the comet Swift-Tuttle. I often see meteors in the sky out where I am in the country which is away from all man made light, but tonight should be a treat - hopefully the clouds will give way for a real view.. If not, watching the Nasa webcast..

A Live webcast by Nasa

Next Day: Wow....saw some great meteor showers last night outside on my trampoline (my star gazing spot)

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying the meteors this year. For the past many years it has been overcast. Two days so far. Granted, I have to take a 30+ minutes drive to the middle of where-the-heck-am-I....but so worth it once a few fireballs light the sky.

    ReplyDelete